United Vision Logistics is an asset light transportation and logistics services company serving the US energy exploration and production industry. The company also provides logistics services to the general commodities industry through its truck brokerage operation. The company was formed through a private equity led roll up of four competing transportation and logistics services companies. One year after the roll up was completed, the business lacked an integration strategy. At the same time, large, well-capitalized third party logistics companies entered the space and began aggressively pursuing the company’s marquis energy industry accounts by offering improved technology and safety performance. In addition, no plan existed for pursuing growth in the emerging shale markets and the senior management team inherited by a newly installed CEO required strengthening. We were retained to assist the CEO in resolving these issues.
After performing extensive management interviews and working collaboratively with the CEO, a strategy was developed to integrate the acquired companies into a single operating unit, re-brand the combined company and implement a new transportation management system. Strategic research was undertaken of the growth prospects of the emerging shale markets and the transportation services that were in greatest demand in those markets.
- The integration and re-branding of the four legacy companies comprising United Vision
- The design and implementation of a new transportation management system inclusive of new eCommerce capabilities
- The recruiting of a new senior management team
- The expansion of the company’s physical presence and high value service offerings into certain rapidly expanding shale markets
- The design of a new safety incentive system
- The implementation of a new performance management system
- The re-pricing of all customer contracts
- A substantial improvement in operating controls
The company is a fully integrated, leading provider in the oil field transportation and logistics space. It has a state of the art transportation management system and has a footprint that extends into several emerging shale markets. The company maintained its premier provider position with its very large energy industry customers.